Saturday 10 September 2011

WHERE WERE YOU AT 2PM BRITISH SUMMER TIME ON 9/11, 2001?

This weekend, the media, both traditional and social, remembers the horrible events that occurred 10 years ago. It changed the world forever I suspect and for many years to come , it will be the reason to ask 'Where were you on the 11th of September 2001 when...'.
I was on my way to a Lung Cancer network meeting in Rugby. It was due to start at 2pm. As I drove into the car park, I remember hearing Simon Mayo say on BBC Radio 5 (not Five Live yet)  that a report had come in of a light aircraft crashing into the World Trade Center. I switched the radio off and entered the building for my meeting. For the next 2 hours everyone in the meeting was completely unaware of what was happening in New York City. When I switched the car radio back on, two and abit hours later, the first words I heard were those of Ehud Barak , ex PM of Israel. He said the world will never be the same again. Boy, was he right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I AM SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE JUST READ, SO PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!